Position – Part-Time (Seasonal)
D’Huyvetter & Swichkow is seeking an accounting and tax professional during the January through April tax season months. This individual will assist with preparing and reviewing personal, business, and trust income tax returns during those months.
The position is being posted as a part-time position; however, we are open to a flexible, full-time schedule during January – April due to the nature of our busy season and workflow. Our firm’s core values stress a collaborative approach, productive and dedicated work ethic, and strong and timely communication with our clients.
If the candidate is interested and able to, this position could turn into a part-time position year-round (outside of the tax season months). If the candidate is not interested in year-round work, and if the candidate is available, we would have a need for part-time hours during the August, September, and October extension season.
The successful candidate will receive priority consideration for expanded employment, if desired, as the opportunity arises.
- Prepare individual, trust, and business tax returns (Forms 1040, 1065, 1120S, and 1041).
- Assist clients with QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online bookkeeping on a monthly, quarterly, and/or annual basis.
- Review QuickBooks reports, make necessary entries, and work from those reports to prepare the applicable tax return.
- Data input (banking and credit card), recording payroll, etc. within QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online.
- Interact and converse with clients via email, phone, or in person in order to obtain information
- Address client concerns and questions.
- Depending on experience level, perform a first level review of staff members’ preparation of tax returns.
- Report directly to partners.
- Experience with QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online performing monthly, quarterly, and/or annual bookkeeping and accounting duties.
- Understanding of basic individual and business tax law.
- Preparation of individual, business, and trust returns.
- Public accounting firm experience.
- Microsoft Office savvy (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- CPA is not required.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or a related field, or significant demonstrable and related public accounting experience.
- Competitive hourly rate including a signing bonus to guarantee role during next tax season (January – April 2023).
- Additional compensation for over-time and weekend hours worked.
- Maybe eligible for firm bonus plan.
- If the candidate is interested in working part-time year-round, paid time off would be allowed.
- Team player
- Able to work with minimal supervision, but assistance will be provided by other staff members and partners.
- Willingness to embrace new technology
- Desire to learn
- Attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
Please submit resumes to Jason Berke (email@example.com; 404-231-3500).